Law Firm People offers jobs for junior legal secretaries and legal assistants in Midtown and Downtown New York City law firms as well Albany, the state capital.
Legal secretaries and legal assistants with six (6) months to one (1) year of legal secretarial experience will find a number of employment options that include growth oriented jobs within some of New York City’s and New York State’s finest law firms.
To apply for a job as a junior legal secretary or legal assistant in a New York City law firm you can use any resume link in the junior legal secretarial jobs below.
Legal Assistant | Albany Law Firm
Location: Albany, NY
Compensation: $35,000 to $40,000
Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm
The Firm: Regional Law Firm - Albany
Summary: The Legal Assistant will be responsible for supporting a small group of principals in various practice areas on a daily basis. In addition to excellent communications and a mastery of office skills, this role requires the ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision, take initiative and make decisions within the scope of assigned authority. This is a law firm that is noted as a "Great Place to Work" and offers a history career stability and security.
- Able to provide high-level administrative support to partner ,associate and others as needed
- Prepare and proofread correspondence, memoranda, legal documents and forms
- Greet clients and visitors; respond to phone calls; transmit messages accurately and promptly
- Able to maintain organized and updated client files and matter lists
- Maintain calendars and schedule appointments, meetings and conference calls
- Able to maintain and operate office equipment; maintain supply inventory and replenish as needed
- Maintain neat and orderly appearance of office, including reception, conference room, and pantry
- Prepare check requests, expense reimbursement forms, and client/matter forms; handle petty cash
- Process incoming and outgoing paper mail, facsimile transmissions, and electronic mail
- Able to scan, profile, and retrieve documents across multiple platforms
- Assume additional responsibilities as required to meet needs of Firm
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 Years of legal experience can be combined work experience and/or related internships
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to type 50 words per minute with accuracy
- Ability to move throughout office as needed to perform essential duties
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate work
- Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to effectively multi-task, meet deadlines and excel in a team atmosphere
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
A person seeking long-term job stability and security with a solid firm with a noted culture. This a great place to work.
- A person who has an interest in litigation and a career in law would be ideal.
To apply, contact:
Officer in Charge of Search
Resume Submission Link