Law Firm Library Information Services Analyst
Legal Librarian and Legal Library Jobs in Law Firms
ORGANIZATION: International Law Firm
LOCATION: New York, NY
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
SALARY & BENEFITS: Base salary to $95,000 Bonus eligible, Medical and Dental Coverage; Paid Time Off; 401K; Savings Accounts; Award Winning HR Practices; All Firm Amenities; Noted Firm Culture with Exceptional Work Environment and HR Programs. A noted history of security and stability. One of the most desired law firms to work for in America. Beautiful Offices ideal to all transportation.
The Library and Information Services Analyst works with the Director as a strategic enabler for the operational management of the firm’s global Library and Information Services strategic plans. This professional will focus on content vendor relationships aligned with the practice of law and the firm’s practice development strategies. Responsible for a range of activities including coordinating content trials and LIS. Activities include project management, governance, process improvement, content evaluation, awareness campaigns and global content training activities.
- Work with the Director in support of content vendor relationships, gather business requirements and content management goals
- Participate in Practice Development strategic initiatives and working groups such as News and Alert management, Mobile and a Global Research Intake Systems
- Manage and organize/store reports, strategy documents and presentations etc. to ensure they are accessible and managed in appropriate ways
- Organize vendor relationship meetings, business reviews, procurement objectives including scheduling, budgeting and agenda management
- Liaise with the Global Library Team, Knowledge Management Team, Procurement and Finance to monitor requirements
- Participate in content demonstrations; evaluate content with the Director and LIS Research Librarians
- Lead the governance and process requirements for content trials by gathering feedback for integration
- Establish and maintain scheduling of team calls, working groups and other meetings to develop and improve team collaboration, awareness building and status reporting
- Coordinate budget processes and outputs for review and approval by the Director and Chief Knowledge Management Officer
- Remain on top of timelines and budget processes; effectively communicate requirements and deadlines to wider team
- Act as an additional point of contact for the Library and Information Services team to answer questions on behalf of the Director including Practice Development programs where appropriate
- Prepare materials for global LIS meetings and other key events and ensure that materials are distributed and managed as necessary
- 5+ years of legal content management experience in a law firm or with an organization that provides content or consults to law firms and their libraries or content systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MLS, MSLS, MILS, MALS or MBA preferred but flexible for the right experience.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Develop strong effective business partner to lawyers and other business support functions
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to establish strong working relationships
- Experience working across a global and complex operating environment
- Team player with proven ability to build and develop relationships
- A person seeking long-term career stability, security and growth with a major law firm.
Library Science Recruitment Manager
Filcro Legal Staffing
295 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Resume Submission Link
This Page http://lawfirmpeople.com/html/legal_librarian.html
“Retro” Old Filcro http://www.filcro.com/Legal-Library-Jobs.html
SEARCH TERMS: Legal Librarian, Law Librarian, MLS, Masters Library Sciences, Library Information Systems, Law Firm Librarian Jobs, Jobs for Legal Librarians, Library Operations, Library Operational Management, Bloomberg, LexusNexis